Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hello!
I went to Knott's Berry Farm amusement park today with my physics class. Apparently every year they have a "physics fun day" where a bunch of schools drive up to play on the rides and find the acceleration and such.

I had a super fun time with some really awesome people, and we went on most of the exciting rides. Sonja and I are totally awesome together in theme parks, especially since we're both able to handle the really intense roller coasters. I love roller coasters.

My favorites are definitely the Xcelerator, the Boomerang, and the Ghostrider. The first was crazy fast with a pin drop, the other shot along loops backwards, and the last was just a massive adrenaline rush after a two hour line wait. (Which would have completely sucked if I wasn't with Katherine. Even then it was just SO LONG.)

I hoped I could find some souvenirs for my pen pals there, and I'm really sorry to say that there honestly wasn't anything of worth. I wish though!

Also, I've been holding off on sending a letter to Sierra from Texas--in her last letter she sent me a framed texas thing (which is really cool, though hard to describe) and a Doctor Who book! I want to send something back, but there's nothing interesting that I could get here for her! I'm struggling and have been holding off writing her back for a few days, hoping that there will be something magic that I find. I have no idea what though! :/

PS: I watched Labyrinth yesterday and it was awesome. The baby, Toby, is the most adorable little boy ever.
I did find the lead character's acting to be a little bad, though. Also, the little blue worm was creepy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you watched it! I'm actually watching it right now (Goblin City scene!), and I've been paying particular attention to the acting as well- though I agree with you, I think it was still probably an amazing movie, for it's time (late 80s). And you are very right, Toby is adorable. <3 Now I'm watching it because I came up with an idea for a Labyrinth fanfic today xD I nerdraged the whole time I was at work.

    ReplyDelete