Tuesday, March 20, 2012

So I've never written a screenplay before. I've never had any interest in it either.
I got emailed by the NaNoWriMo headquarters today-- I generally just ignore their messages. I opened it today out of boredom-- it turns out that Script Frenzy is 12 days away.
For whatever weird reason, I decided that I'm going to do it.

I spent a long time reading about how to write a screenplay. I even made an account for celtx, which is a free script writing software.

I have no idea what it's going to be about. It'll probably be one of the crazy fun ideas that I had always considered for NaNo, but turned aside for whatever reason. (I usually treat NaNo as though it's Serious Writing Time, which is sad. It would prolly be better if I let myself have a little more fun with it, but then I wouldn't like the result.)
So yeah. Any suggestions for what I should write about? I think I might just lump a bunch of unrelated prompt-y type things together (Barista? Zombies? Greenland?) without a plot in mind at all and see where it goes. And throw things in for no particular reason when I'm getting bored. Heh. I'm kind of excited.

So now I just wait, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment