Friday, March 23, 2012

So last year I did a few anonymous projects around my school to make it more fun and colorful. I hung colorful happy tags from the locks on strangers' lockers, drew smiles on some glass pebbles and placed them around--simplistic things that still make people smile.
Well, this week I finally had the time to spread some more little projects.
I hung a colorful banner in the staircase, and placed a few love posters around the school (with little tabs that you can pull away-- it was inspired by this.) I'm working on making more non-permanent paper art to stick to the walls!
What I find funny is that it's technically against the rules to put up anything that hasn't been signed and approved by the principal-- so if they really wanted, they could get me in trouble for putting up the love posters, or for hanging a paper banner. But I don't see the harm in hanging up positive reaffirmations :)

Most of my ideas are inspired by Katie Sokoler, a really cool photographer and street artist! She's one of my favorite artists and role models :)

No comments:

Post a Comment